As part of our Sycle Thought Leadership Series, we hosted an interesting panel discussion, Over the Counter (OTC) Hearing Aids: Their Impact on the Marketplace, where we discussed a controversial topic in hearing healthcare: Over the Counter Hearing Aids. Watch the video now…
We are pleased to share with you what was an illuminating conversation featuring notable industry leaders: Kyle Acker, Au.D. (Executive Vice President, RiseENT), Matt Dearing (VP Marketing, My Hearing Centers), Karl Strom (Editor-in-Chief, The Hearing Review), and Bill Brownie (Chief Operating Officer, Eargo Hearing Aids)
The panel discussion focused on key questions that impact all clinics, such as:
- What is happening with OTC? Where are we today? How did we get here? What factors have driven this market change?
- How does OTC technology compare to standard fit hearing devices?
- What services can Providers offer to stay close to a patient who uses OTC?
- What are manufacturers telling clinic owners? How do they want to work with Providers? What does the model look like for providing care to consumers?
- What can clinics do about any negative impact from OTC?
- Can clinics take advantage of OTC? What are the benefits for consumers and clinics?
- What operational procedures or changes should practice owners implement with regards to OTC?
- Where is the Hearing Aid market going? What does it look like five or ten years in the future? How will clinics look?
Listen to what was an engaging discussion, highlighting different perspectives, and answering questions about a polarizing topic in our industry – you don’t want to miss this.